This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission to help sustain Realm of Vibes. Thanks for your support!
I love my smile. And, I don’t hate the dentist because I know that good dental care begins at home. Besides using doTERRA’s On Guard toothpaste, I rinse with mouthwash and floss one to two times a day. Since I became a doTERRA Wellness Advocate, I have been experimenting with creating my own self-care products.
Let me ask you: have you read the label to your mouthwash bottle lately? My mouthwash bottle contained a bright green solution with indecipherable words except Yellow 5 and Blue 1. Why am I using this?, I thought.
So, I decided to make my own, all-natural mouthwash.
What you Need
- A glass bottle
- 1 cup of distilled or purified water
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)
- Sea Salt
- 20 drops of doTERRA essential oil (I used 10 Peppermint, 10 On-Guard)
- Add 1 cup of distilled or purified water to the glass bottle.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has antibacterial, antifungal properties.
- I love the way coconut oil lines my teeth during oil pulling, and I feel that it helps protect my teeth in my mouthwash.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Salt has soothing properties and can help whiten your teeth.
- Add 20 drops of doTERRA essential oil
- Close and shake the bottle vigorously.
- Open the bottle, take a swig and swish/gargle for 30 seconds. Spit it out in the sink.
- Feel good about using an all-natural mouthwash.
Note: Some people add baking soda for extra cleansing and whitening. Sometimes I add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon, sometimes I don’t.
Where to get your doTERRA Essential Oils
doTERRA has Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils, which means there are no impurities in the bottle. A bottle of lavender contains lavender. A bottle of lemon contains lemon. Nothing more, nothing less. All of doTERRA’s products are responsibly and ethically sourced from countries around the world.
I would love to help you get started with doTERRA.
Please visit my shop, here, and click “SHOP” to make a retail purchase, or “JOIN & SAVE” to become a Wholesale Customer or Wellness Advocate.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!