I have a few quirks I’d like to address:
- I always go to bed with a clean face; I use my Homemade Face Wipes. My face is cleansed and feels squeaky clean.
- I like sleeping on a clean pillow case.
- I won’t use vodka in my homemade cleaning products. I’m too cheap!
Now that I settled those issues, let’s get to the post. I have been using my DIY Linen spray to give my sheets a refresher before bedtime. Not only do they smell relaxing (hello, lavender!) but they appear cleaner by using rubbing alcohol or witch hazel.
If your sheets could use freshening up, here is what you need:
(Affiliate links below.)
- 16 ounce Glass Spray Bottle (I used these from Amazon)
- 1 1/2 cups distilled/filtered/purified water
- 2 tablespoons of Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner
- Now – I prefer witch hazel over rubbing alcohol. No matter how much I shook the bottle, I feel that the rubbing alcohol still overpowered the essential oils (even when I added an excessive amount of essential oils). However, I felt that my sheets seemed more sterile when I used the rubbing alcohol. Each his or her own; use what you have!
- 50 drops doTERRA essential oils
- 25 drops Lavender, 25 drops Cedarwood
- 25 drops Lavender, 25 drops Vetiver
- 25 drops Lavender, 25 drops Bergamot
- 20 Serenity, 20 Cedarwood, 10 Vetiver
Combine any of the above (1-4) to create terrific sleep blends!
- Add the water, witch hazel, and doTERRA’s essential oils to the glass spray bottle and SHAKE.
- Before the first use, let everything combine for a few hours. (Make sure you shake before each use.)
- Spray about 8 inches away from your bed linens a few minutes before bedtime.
- Let dry, hop into bed, and enjoy the calming scent.
Note: I have not had any problems with spraying essential oils on my sheets. If you are concerned about staining, please spot test.
doTERRA has Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. These are the only oils I trust to apply topically, ingest, and diffuse. If you need to purchase doTERRA essential oils, please click HERE. I would love to help you select your oils. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Be sure to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!