I often describe my home as electric, with a rustic feel. I browse home décor and improvement catalogs for inspiration and never turn down a walk through a home goods store. I have a collection of mason jars; a set for drinking and a set for creating essential oil skin care and body products. Earlier this month, I was introduced to SONNENGLAS, a new type of mason jar that provides bottled sunshine!
SONNENGLAS is stylish, eco-friendly, solar-powered mason jar lamp. The solar powered lid collects sunshine during the day. When the sun goes down, the collected sunshine powers 4 built-in LEDs inside the glass jar.
How to Use SONNENGLAS
- Put your solar jar in the sun so that the rechargeable battery in the lid can fill up with energy. One full charge lets your jar shine for 12 hours.
- Let there be light! Close the clip switch to make the LEDs inside the solar lid shine.
- Decorate your jar to your heart’s content. Unscrew the lid and great creative!
- SONNENGLAS is 7 inches tall and weighs 1.4 lbs.
- A Warranty, Instructions, and Background booklet is included.
- The SONNENGLAS jar is watertight and will be protected from the rain.
- Your solar jar can be charged using a micro-USB. (Not included.)
- Your solar jar has a 1-year warranty. If you register, you extend your warranty to 2 years.
Where is SONNENGLAS made
SONNENGLAS is made in South Africa and was originally developed for people in areas without electricity. SONNENGLAS has created jobs for over 60 previously unskilled and unemployed men and women from the townships Alexandra and Soweto. You can feel good knowing that the preserve jar is 100% recyclable and SONNENGLAS is made with 70% local materials.
SONNENGLAS feeds my creative energy. Some ideas for filling your SONNENGLAS include snacks or items for practical use, figurines, sand, flowers…anything that makes you smile! I am still deciding what to put in my SONNENGLAS! (I think I need to run to a craft store!)
When to use SONNENGLAS
SONNENGLAS is ideal for reading, traveling, enhancing garden lighting and home decor, decorating your table and outdoor space, barbecues, camping, patio dining and any activity that would benefit from attractive lighting to create a wonderful and relaxed atmosphere.
SONNENGLAS is beautifully crafted. The mason jar says “Consol” on it, which is the South African manufacturer of the mason jar. It is larger than I anticipated (and bigger than most mason jars used for beverages or canning). The directions are easy to follow and within minutes I had my glass shining brightly. The most difficult thing is deciding how to decorate my SONNENGLAS. Another difficult aspect is that I had to wait until my husband got home from work to unscrew the lid.
I feel that this lighted mason jar makes a beautiful addition to my eclectic, rustic home and would make a perfect gift for the upcoming holidays.
Disclosure: One SONNENGLAS jar was sent complimentary for review purposes; all opinions within are my own. If you would like your product reviewed on Realm of Vibes, please e-mail email@example.com or visit my Contact page for more information.