Disclosure: I received a one-week GreenBlender subscription complimentary for review. This post also contains affiliate and referral links where I earn a small commission to help sustain Realm of Vibes. Thank you for your support.
Every Sunday, I wash, cut, and prep for a week’s worth of fruit for smoothies. They are super basic: water, spinach, and berries. Sometimes, I will add a vegetable (usually cucumber), a piece of ginger, chia seeds or a drop or two of essential oils. My husband never complains, so I keep creating the same concoctions in my Blendtec (The Blendtec, in my humble opinion, is the best blender on the market – and I have tried almost all of them).
GreenBlender is a smoothie subscription service, similar to Hello Fresh. Each week, GreenBlender sends its members original recipes and pre-portioned ingredients to make smoothies at home. Every box includes all of the ingredients needed to make 5 different recipes, with 2 servings in each recipe (for a total of 10 smoothie servings). You have the option of picking 5 of the most appealing smoothies from a selection of 8. GreenBlender also meets a variety of dietary restrictions and needs (gluten and dairy free – like me!)
GreenBlender also focuses on sourcing from organic farms, urban and local farms, green markets, and vendors who value sustainable practices whenever possible. I live near farms and really try to buy locally to support real people, rather than big businesses.
My Smoothie Choices
- Blueberry Punch
- Prep: 5 minutes
- I added 1 cup of water, the blueberries, banana, summer squash, amia powder and ice to the Blendtec and within a minute, had a perfectly blended smoothie. I never had heard of amla powder before, so I learned about the abundance of nutritional benefits. Amla powder is safe for pregnancy, too. I never made a smoothie with summer squash and was pleasantly surprised. The Blueberry Punch smoothie had the right amount of sweetness and was not only a beautiful start to my morning but a great way to be introduced to GreenBlender.
- Kale Mango Glow
- Prep: 10 minutes
- I hate peeling mangos, so the prep took me a little longer today. Otherwise, It was happy to use kale, acai berry, flaxseed, and a banana. It was very creamy, sweet, and perfect to increase my energy, glow, and immunity. Absolutely delicious!
- Orange Berry Basil
- Prep: 5 minutes
- It was my first time ever using collard greens and basil in a smoothie and I was left wondering why I hadn’t. What I like about GreenBlender is that I feel that the chefs really create out-of-the-box recipes that actually work! The Orange Berry Basil is your quintessential green drink; I noticed it was a little gritty, but then remembered I forgot to add ice. User error! Otherwise, it was super tasty and I would absolutely make this again!
- Mangosteen Morning
- Prep: 8 minutes
- Since I am now an expert in cutting mangos, the prep was 2 minutes shorter today. Mangosteen Morning included baby spinach, cantaloupe, kiwis, mangosteen powder, coconut flakes, ice and water. This smoothie was not as sweet as the others, and a little gritty. I wasn’t sure of the organic shredded coconut should have been blender or used as a garnish. It was a little gritty, and my least favorite of all the smoothie choices, but I drank all of it since it has immune boosting benefits.
- Green Cucumber Mint
- Prep: 6 minutes
- This smoothie boasts anti-inflammatory and high fiber benefits. It also is low sugar, perfect for my gestational diabetes. I thought the combinationof the collard greens, pear, cucumbers, mint, lime, chia seeds, water and ice was super light, fresh, cooling, and a great start to my morning. My husband, Jason, said, “There are a lot of flavors in here, and it tastes really good!” If he compliments it, it must be good!
I love GreenBlender. Not only are these recipes easy, but the flavor profiles are so different and versatile – I wouldn’t imagine coming up with some of the recipe combinations! I feel that the chefs really make sure they are holistic, healthy, and delicious. I also love all of the different options. I am excited for my next box!
Use my referral link to get $20 off your first subscription box! (So $29.90 USD – a steal!)
If you would like your products featured on Realm of Vibes, contact email@example.com or visit the Contact page.