I am an avid coffee drinker. I am a caffeinated coffee in the AM, decaf or tea in the evening kind of gal! I also love kombucha and will try any concoction my friends whip up at a party. Needless to say, when I came across Organic Dandy Blend, I was excited to give it a try!
What is Dandy Blend?
Dandy Blend is a caffeine-free, gluten-free herbal alternative and coffee substitute. It is made of five ingredients: roasted barley, rye, chicory root, dandelion root, and sugar beet. The organic line does not contain sugar beet.
What is the purpose?
This can replace your decaf coffee! Dandy Blend is also a great option if you are looking to cut back on caffeine but need that nutty, bold flavor.
What are the benefits of drinking Dandy Blend?
- No bitterness, acidity, or caffeine.
- Rich, smooth, full-bodied.
- No GMOs, pesticides, additives, preservatives, or anything artificial
- Gluten-free. The gluten is eliminated during the extraction process.
- Organic and non-organic line
- 5 calories per 1 tsp.
- Liquid soluble; can be mixed into hot, cold, or room temperature liquid
- Mulit-purpose: make a drink, gourmet style beverages, frosting, ice cream, yogurt, cookies, bread, and stews
- Dandelion benefits of soothing the nervous system, helping the liver detox, and calming your stomach
My Experience with Dandy Blend
I heated up 8 ounces of water in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
I added one rounded teaspoon of Dandy Blend to my water and stirred. This was going to give me a rich, full-bodied coffee flavor. (If I did one level tsp., that would have given me a tea-like beverage, and anything from a heaping tsp. to 1 tablespoon would have given me an espresso strength beverage). I did not add cinnamon, honey, or any milk/milk alternatives…
I had the expectation that Dandy Blend would be bitter. I drink Dandelion tea and that is rather bitter (to me…) so I was expecting the same.
There was no bitterness or acidity. There was a pleasant nutty flavor with a subtle sweetness. I thoroughly enjoyed my cup of Dandy Blend! I will definitely use this to replace my decaf coffee in the afternoon or to try to cut back on the (copious) amounts of coffee I should not be drinking each day.
I am super excited to make the Dandy Shake, which contains ice cream, cold milk or milk alternative, and Dandy Blend. Doesn’t that sound delicious? I also think Dandy Blend would be good with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg and wouldn’t hesitate to add a scoop to baked goods. The Dandy Blend website also features cookbooks to purchase and free recipes.
Win an 11 oz. bag of Organic Dandy Blend!
- Follow ME and Dandy Blend on Instagram.
- Save the initial giveaway post.
- Tag a friend in the comments. Each tag gives you an additional entry. Please, one friend per line.
- BONUS: Share the initial post to your stories. You can do this once every 24 hours to gain an extra entry. Don’t forget to tag @realmofvibes and @dandyblend for your bonus entry to count.
Rules: All entries must occur from the date and time of the initial giveaway post until 11:59PM on February 13, 2020. Winner will be announced in the comments section, via IG Story, and informed via direct message. One winner only. The winner has 24 hours to respond with full name and address or another winner will be chosen. USA residents only. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
Dandy Blend was received complimentary for testing and review purposes. All opinions within are my own. If you would like your product reviewed on Realm of Vibes, please contact email@example.com