I grew up on bars. All kinds, really, – granola, nut, fruit…My mom would buy them in bulk at Costco and pack them into our lunch bags and backpacks. She would have several in her handbag, and store them in the glove compartment of all our cars. “You never want to be cold or hungry,” she would say as my sister and I were running out the door to meet with friends or rushing to arrive at the next extracurricular activity.
I also grew up wanting to be a food critic. I used to read restaurant and product reviews on new places and food items and think, “Why can’t I do that?” So thanks, Nutshell, for making my dream come true and making my mom happy that I have followed in her footsteps by stuffing your nut bars into every pocket, purse and facet of my life.
This week Realm of Vibes has had the pleasure of reviewing Nutshell bars. They are hand-crafted in Connecticut and are sold in bakeries, cafes, and farmer’s markets. Nutshell bars are also sold online (shipped to your door in 2-3 days) by packs of 12. Here is the Nutshell nitty gritty:
- All bars are: Organic, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Eco-friendly packaging: fully compostable cellulose material
- Each bar is 2.3 oz (65g)
- 5 flavors: Java, Devil’s Detox, Peanut Butter & Banana, Big Fig, Chipotle
- Best kept in the refrigerator for optimal freshness
- Motto: Fresh, Nutritious, Delicious
Nutshell bars have complemented my morning coffee as I blog on the weekend, are awesome to take as a pick-me-up on a long hike, and are an excellent meal replacement when taking a lunch isn’t a reality. Nutritional information is located on the website – each bar is approximately 320 calories.
Here are the highlights of the four Nutshell bars I received:
Crunchy with intense cinnamon flavor. Loved getting the pop of espresso bean and the hint of coconut with the almonds, hazelnuts, and cashews. Perfectly salted. Not too sweet, and perfect with my morning coffee. Hands down my favorite Nutshell bar.
The cashews and cranberries really stand out in this one; I wish it had a thicker layer of chocolate spread (you can never have too much chocolate). I like how this includes flax seed, the ultimate detox ingredient.
Peanut Butter & Banana
I love peanut butter. It’s second best, only to chocolate. Whenever I make a protein shake, I add a scoop of peanut butter and a banana. This was incredibly delicious, softer than the other bars, but still firm and crunchy. This was absolutely fabulous, and Bailey smelled the goodness as soon as I took the Nutshell bar out of the fridge.
This bar made me feel nostalgic. My Nonno has many fig trees and my Nonna always made sure that when I left her house, I would leave with a big bag of figs. This bar was crunchy, had nice chunks of sweet fig that blended well with the cashews, almonds, and walnuts. Yum!
In a Nutshell:
- Absolutely delicious; whether on the go or for a sit-down breakfast the taste is unbeatable
- I wish the nutritional information was on the packaging.
- With shipping, Nutshell bars costs approximately $4 each. My health is paramount. I fuel my body with fresh, nutritious ingredients. The Nutshell bars serve as my meal replacement and give me the energy to sustain my lifestyle.
- I love the compostable packaging and support companies that are environmentally friendly. (I compost and recycle!)
- The flavor combinations and texture are on fleek. Nutshell bars don’t crumble and taste great a little cold from the fridge or at room temperature. You could also crumble your Nutshell bar on top of yogurt.
Nutshell, you get 5 stars, hands down! Be sure to shop small, and live large. Visit Nutshell, follow them on Facebook and Instagram!
Disclosure: I received a sample pack from Nutshell in return for a featured post on Realm of Vibes and social media platforms. All opinions and views within are authentic. Have you considered featuring your business or service on Realm of Vibes? Please visit my Collaborate page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.