I am training for my first half marathon. I am also mostly dairy and wheat free, due to intolerances that make my skin break out into a nasty red rash. To prevent a lovely red glow, I stick to a mostly Paleo/Whole 30 diet, which makes me feel great – inside and out.
As an occupational therapist, I work in nursing homes and home care. Sometimes my lunches are in my car, or I am stuffing my face in the hallway before I enter my patient’s room. I work long hours, so eating something that is healthy and fills my belly is non-negotiable when I look for an on-the-go snack/meal.
Chomps is founded by Pete Maldonado, who knew he struck gold with his homemade jerky snacks.
Millennials like me are awfully picky nowadays. We want grass-fed, non-GMO, sustainable food. We actually care about what we put into our bodies. We follow diets like Whole 30, Paleo, and do things like Intermittent Fasting. We like variety, too. Chomps hits the nail on the head…here’s why:
Chomps jerky sticks are:
- 100% Grass-Fed, Non-GMO Beef
- 100% Grass-Fed, Non-GMO Venison
- 100% Free Range Chicken
- No added sugars
- No MSG or nitrates
- No fillers or binders (celery juice is used, instead!)
- No added preservatives
- No antibiotics
- Whole 30 and Paleo approved
Chomps is sustainable, which couldn’t make me happier. Each Chomps stick has at least 9 grams of protein and is 100 calories (Crankin’ Cran is 110 calories), which makes this a perfect snack for in between meals. A box of 5 Chomps sticks costs $11.25 USD. They can be ordered online through the Chomps website or you could search their store locator.
Enjoy Chomps in FIVE different flavors:
- Beef, Original Flavor
- Feedback: I love the natural beef taste mixed with the spices. I especially taste the garlic and coriander. I feel good that the beef is 100% grass fed and that there are no synthetic materials. Chomps shows me the beef!
- Ingredients: 100% grass fed beef, water, salt, encapsulated citric acid, celery juice, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, coriander, stuffed in a collagen casing
- Beef, Hoppin’ Jalapeno
- Feedback: I am the jalapeno lady. I have a jalapeno plant in my garden. I am constantly adding jalapeno to cocktails and garnishing meals. The jalapeno compliments the beef; it isn’t too spicy, either. My husband LOVES this one!
- Beef, Crankin’ Cran
- Feedback: I love cranberries. I often purchase real cranberry juice and add it to my smoothies. I also make one hell of a Paleo meatloaf with cranberries. I love the Crankin’ Cran Chomps stick. It’s like Hoppin’ Jalapenos arch nemesis. This is the sweeter, softer stick. Excellent for a midmorning snack!
- Chicken Flavor
- I did not sample this flavor.
- Venison, Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt
- Feedback: I love venison because it isn’t gamey and is super lean. Chomps perfects being able to taste the meat, and adding delicious spices to enhance the flavor.
Invest in your health. Sink your teeth into Chomps. You won’t be disappointed.
Disclosure: Chomps sent me their product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions within are my own.
Are you a small business owner? I am looking to feature your products/brand on Realm of Vibes. I am also looking for bloggers looking to guest post in the lifestyle realm. Please visit the Contact page and fill out the form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.