I love kale. I always purchase kale for my salads and smoothies, so I decided it would be more cost effective to grow kale in my garden this year. I also found that it was very difficult to find a bag of kale chips without artificial flavors and preservatives. Kale chips could also be quite expensive, so I started making flavored kale chips at home. It took a few some experimenting to come up with the perfect recipe.
- Fresh kale, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Flavored olive oil (I used cilantro & roasted garlic.)
- Flavored salt (I used garlic.)
- Side note: Get creative. Add crushed red pepper, minced ginger, black salt, etc.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread one layer of kale onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale. Make sure each leaf has olive oil on it.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Watch kale closely. If you overcook, it will taste bitter and burnt. If you don’t cook it long enough, it will not be crunchy and will be slick with olive oil.
The final result…
Crunchy, yummy, healthy kale chips with a nice flavor of cilantro, onion, and garlic.
Do you like kale? Have you ever made kale chips?
Share your kale recipe in the comments!