Most people may not know that during the week, I eat mostly Whole 30/Paleo friendly. It started when my friend and I did a Whole 30 challenge and I realized that I have a dairy intolerance (my skin breaks out into a red rash, and I suffer from severe GI issues – TMI, I know). When I ingest grains, my stomach distends and I feel exhausted. (Don’t get me wrong – on the weekends I love a slice of pizza or bowl of cereal; I just know I will not feel optimal.) That’s why, I eat a Hunter and Gatherer diet most days of the week consisting of grass fed meats, wild caught fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, and seeds. When I saw EPIC in my local ShopRite, I was intrigued. Grass fed? Gluten free? Wild caught? Bars, Strips, and BONE BROTH? I cook my bone broth for 48 hours; now I can BUY it? Score! You could only imagine how I felt when EPIC sent me a box full of goodies to review…
- EPIC supports improving animal welfare so all animals eat and roam free outdoors.
- 100% Grass Fed, 100% Wild Caught, Ducks are cage free.
- 100% Animal Based Protein
- Gluten Free
- Made in the USA
- EPIC Strips
- Wagyu Beef
- Venison Steak
- Salmon Fillet
All I can say is Thank God EPIC sent me the sampler pack of strips because as soon as my husband saw these, he grabbed one of each and shoved them in his work backpack. (Funny how I do all the blogging and he reaps a lot of the benefits…) Since we both work professions where lunch is usually on the go, these are fantastic! They are low in sugar, high in protein, gluten free, 100% natural, and easy to eat quickly. They give us the stamina to get through our shifts. What I like is that the Wagyu Beef is tender, and the Venison Steak is super lean with the right amount of salt. The Turkey is flavorful and the Salmon helps fills my fish quota for the week. There is no BS in any of these strips! You want meat or salmon? You have meat or salmon! My husband’s favorite was the Wagyu Beef, while mine was the Venison Steak.
- EPIC Salmon Smoked Maple Bar
- Wild caught
- 120 calories
- Salmon is my favorite fish. EPIC’s Salmon Smoked Maple Bar is perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up. If I can’t sit down to have an actual lunch, but know I will be home in a few hours, this is the perfect snack. The taste of the maple mixed with salmon is perfect; and the texture couldn’t be better – it’s not too soft, and not too hard. I would absolutely purchase this again.
- EPIC Bison Apple Cider Bone Broth
- 14 fluid ounces
- 8g protein per serving
- Hand crafted, small-batch
- 100% pasture raised bison
- I was making my own bone broth. It took 48 hours in a slow cooker. It was exhausting. Buy everything at the supermarket, prep the bones and vegetables, try to make everything fit in the slow cooker, let it cook for 48 hours, let it cool, strain everything, put it in the refrigerator to let the fat harden, skim the fat with a large spoon…ugh. Who has time for that? EPIC’s ready to heat Bison Apple Cider Bone Broth is a time saver. It is also delicious. I heat a cup in the morning, and sip on it until when I leave for work. I love getting natural vitamins and minerals and not being dependent on coffee. It has awesome flavor. I don’t eat bison frequently, but I prefer it over beef since it is naturally sweeter. You taste the sweetness, then the smooth tart flavor of the apple cider, making EPIC’s Bison Apple Cider Bone Broth very easy to drink. Bone broth is great to give your immune system a boost.
I am happy to have had the opportunity to try and review EPIC’s strips, bar, and bone broth. I love that EPIC makes sustainability and careful selection of sourcing of their products a priority. I enjoy looking at the pictures on their website, which consist of people being active and alive in nature. So many processed items are on the shelves…and so many people live sedentary lifestyles. EPIC is a part of a solution to the problem. They provide products that can change lives – starting with the rancher who raises the livestock to the blogger behind the computer. You are what you eat – and I try to eat foods created by companies like EPIC that are sourced responsibly, taste great, and give me a natural source of energy to power me through a day of work.
Visit EPICBAR.com to shop or to find a store near you.
Disclosure: I received EPIC products in return for a featured post on Realm of Vibes and social media platforms. All opinions and views within are authentic. Have you considered featuring your business or service on Realm of Vibes? Please visit my Collaborate page or e-mail email@example.com to get started.