Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
Since I became a doTERRA Wellness Advocate, I started making my own homemade creations.
I have purchased store-bought Poo Spray for each bathroom in my home but realized that using a few simple items (that I had already in my EO inventory), I could save a lot of money! (Who isn’t about saving a little coin?) And, I am never sure what is exactly in pre-made products, so this gives me peace of mind that I am using natural ingredients.
For those of you who don’t know, you shake the Poo Spray into the toilet and sit down to do your business with a pleasant aroma, opposed to, well, a stinky poop aroma.
Here is what you need:
– A 2 ounce Amber Glass Spray Bottle
– 2-3 tablespoons Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner
– 1-2 tsp. dish soap. I use Dawn Free & Gentle Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap
– Distilled Water
– doTERRA Essential Oils; purchase them from my shop, here.
I wanted a Citrus Spray so I used the following combination.
- 10 drops Wild Orange
- 15 drops Bergamot
- 15 drops Lemon
- 15 drops Grapefruit
You can mix and match what works for you. This spray is for my 25 square foot half bathroom. I add a few more drops for the spray in my bigger bathroom.
- Add the dish soap to the bottom of the 2-ounce glass spray bottle. Do not use plastic. The dish soap not only cleans the toilet but helps bind with the essential oils. The soap should coat the bottom of the 2-ounce bottle.
- Add the witch hazel. The bottle should be one-quarter full.
- Add the doTERRA essential oils. (I only use doTERRA.)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
- Shake it up, baby!
- Add a pretty little label and stick on the top of your toilet. Remember to Shake. Spritz. Sit and enjoy the aroma!
Let me know your thoughts in the comments. If you are interested in becoming a wholesale member or Wellness Advocate for doTERRA, please contact me at email@example.com. Or, join my Facebook Group here.